How to Register
1. Membership to the library to be free of charge.
2. A valid photo ID and a proof of residential address must be provided.
3. Membership to be open to all the residents in the State of NSW (excluding visitors to Australia) including students, Temporary residents, work visa holders etc.
4. Number of memberships to be limited to the maximum of two (2) per household address.
5. Members to provide appropriate contact details which must include at least one of the following: Home Phone Number; Mobile Phone Number; Email Address.
LIBRARY ISSUE POLICY
A maximum of two (2) books and one (1) CD/DVD to be issued per member at a time excluding Sikh Religious Preachers and the Punjabi School Teachers who could have a loan of up to three (3) books and one (1) at any one time.
The issue of hard cover books to be limited to one(1) per member at a time excluding Sikh Religious Preachers and the Punjabi School Teachers who could have a loan of up to three(3) hard cover books at any one time.
Initial Loan time to be limited to 3 weeks which could be further extended 3 weeks at a time for the maximum of 12 weeks in total.
More than 5 days overdue - Issue of reminder notice 1 (Warning to return within 14 days of the due time). No Option to Renew once warning letter has been issued.
More than 14 days overdue – Issue of FINE ($10) note by an ASA delegate. Books to be returned within 7 days (Receipts issued upon payment).
More than 21 days overdue – Fine of $10 + $ 2 for every day over 21 days (MAXIMUM FINE LIMITED TO $50). Receipt issued upon payment.
More than 28 days overdue – Refer to ASA Executive Committee for further action.
REPLACEMENT CHARGES FOR BOOKS LOST OR DAMAGED
Soft Cover - $10
Hardcover Book - $20
Reference Book - $50
Please download this registration form. Fill it up and submit it with library management. Library card would normally be issued at the time of submission.